- 3 pounds of lean ground beef, lamb, bison, or turkey
- 10 eggs
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large red onion
- Spices: Cayenne, paprika, garlic, black pepper, oregano
- 1 large deep rimmed skillet or pan
- Coconut oil to grease your slow cooker
1. Peel your sweet potatoes and microwave them for 2-3 minutes to soften them slightly.
2. Slice your sweet potatoes into 1/8″ slices.
3. Dice your onions into large chunks and add to the pan with the ground beef.
4. Season the beef as you wish. I used a generous amount of cayenne, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
5. Cook until beef is fully browned and onions are translucent.
6. Beat the 10 eggs in a bowl, blender, or food processor. Add some cayenne and paprika to your egg mixture.
7. Grease slow cooker with coconut oil.
8. Line the bottom of slow cooker with slices of sweet potato. Just enough to cover the bottom.
9. Spoon in a layer of seasoned beef onto the sweet potatoes.
10. Repeat until you use up everything.
11. Once you have finished layering, pour egg mixture over the top. This will sink through to the bottom.
12. Cook on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours. I kept an eye on it and made sure the top layer of sweet potato was soft.
13. Serve and enjoy! Servings 7-8
Donna’s Deals and More and Robin’s Sweet Confessions have teamed up with some amazing bloggers for another fabulous Giveaway! This giveaway is being generously sponsored by Heart in Motion.
Heart In Motion is a unique wellness coaching website that walks you every step of the way through the process of weight loss. So many weight loss programs out there are restrictive, complicated, and too unrealistic to be sustained long-term. Heart In Motion teaches every single step to take to lose weight for the last time, and keep it off! Our step-by-step nutritional guidance allows your metabolism to rebound and your lifestyle to change to support your goals. We also feature Pilates, cardio, and strength training videos and feature new videos every week. This program has a great healthy products guide, restaurant database, video and podcast teaching, and the most amazing recipes you will every find! Best of all, membership to heart in motion also includes unlimited access to our wellness and weight loss coaching services. No matter what your weight loss struggle, we will help you troubleshoot any weight loss dilemma. Personal weight loss coaching services typically range $350-500 per month. For $10 per month, HeartInMotion.com has everything you need to lose weight at a price that is affordable for any budget! Check out their testimonials page to see how well this amazing program has worked for other people!
We are giving away a FitBit to one lucky fan!
This slim, stylish device is with you all the time. During the day, it tracks steps, distance, and calories burned. At night, it tracks your sleep quality and wakes you silently in the morning. Just check out the lights to see how you stack up against your personal goal. It’s the motivation you need to get out and be more active.
*Open to US and Canada. Giveaway ends 1/31/2014 at 11:59pm EST
Disclaimer: The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to US and Canada, 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.